Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Titles We're Suggesting These Days...


Lately I seem to be drawn to books about animals (which is a first in my reading life!)


Two books which I've been recommending lately are Wesley the Owl, a tender non-fiction account of one woman's relationship with an owl she raised and lived with for 17 years, and Dog On It : a Chet & Bernie Mystery, a hilarious & very well written novel told from Chet, the dog's, delightful point of view.


I suspect this new detective series about Bernie, who is a shrewder P.I. then he appears, and his adoring dog, will be a big hit with readers.


Totally coincidently, we also have a "Pet" display on the upper level of the library, with more great memoirs and animal care books, including titles by Anna Quindlen, Patricia McConnell, Bruce Fogle, and Jon Katz.


Link: Dog On It



The staff is always happy to help you find a good read! Just ask if you'd like a recommendation...and don't forget to check out the "Readers Choice" table on the library's upper level too! --Liz

No comments: